Seriously? $110 a month for a cell phone?
So after many, many, many years of paying over $110 a month for my iPhone 3, then iPhone 4, then iPhone 4s, I’m over it.
I’ve spent over $5280 just so I could be cool enough to have an iPhone.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love my iPhone 4S. In fact, I’ve routinely told my brothers (who only use Android phones) that “If you don’t have an iPhone, you don’t have an iPhone. I loved that iPhone commercial! I really used to think that any other phone was just a knock off of the iPhone.
And maybe in 2010 that was actually true. But now, 4 years later, the iPhone has some competition from Android phones. I can’t tell you which Androids are comparable or come close, but I know they’re out there.
BUT more importantly…
There are certainly other smart phones that don’t cost so much.
One in particular: MotoX $299 on Republic Wireless 3G Plans
The phone is $299 upfront (with no contract!!) and then it’s only $25 for UNLIMITED EVERYTHING (talk, text, and 3G data). That’s just amazing. I got this Moto X this weekend and so far, I just love it! I’m going to use my new Moto X for awhile so I can figure out the list of pros and cons to share with you. Here’s what I think so far:
- It’s only $25 for Unlimited Everything, which is the MAIN reason I switched from my iPhone. Yearly costs are only $300 compared to the $1320 yearly cost for my iPhone’s service.
- There are even cheaper cell phone plan like the awesome MotoX $299 on Republic Wireless 3G Plans for as low as $5 a month. Yes, $5 a month, which might be perfect for a kid’s phone too.
- The Moto X looks and works almost like my iPhone 4S (except for all the Google Apps instead of Apple Apps). The Moto X is likely one of the best phones on the market right now!
- Republic Wireless gives a 30 day money back guarantee if you’re not satisified and will provide a full refund (minus shipping).
- You have to buy the phone upfront for $299 (but that’s an amazingly LOW price for a brand new, Android phone with the latest technology)
- I can’t continue to use my iPhone charger or case (which is true even with an upgrade to the iPhone 5 or iPhone 5S).
Bottom Line: I’m so excited about saving $1,020 a year my new MotoX $299 on Republic Wireless 3G Plans
Keep reading Monica On Money for updates on my quest for a cheaper phone plan! I plan on putting that extra $1,020 towards my goal of paying off my mortgage in 5 years.
How much money would you save by switching to a cheaper plan plan? I’d love to hear your thoughts 😉